Sunday, September 14, 2008

seek ye first

Chad and I are looking for a new church. We have visited Heartland Assembly the last 3 weeks and we both really like it. Leif Hetland (www.globalmissionawareness.com) spoke today and it woke me up. Big time. It opened my eyes to an understanding of what my role as a Christian is and what it means. Holy smokes!! I have heard the verse "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.-Matthew 6:33" a gazillion-trillion times in my 28 years as a Christian and I FINALLY learned what it means and all its implications. To be kingdom focused from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep at night. To seek nothing else but more of God. To not be distracted by the little things in my life...to make the "main thing the main thing"!! What a challenge! If I seek the kingdom first then all those things in my life that are distractions will be taken care of. There is PEACE in the kingdom. The Prince of Peace lives in me! Why should I worry about all the details when God has promised that if I seek His kingdom first than all these things will be given. Holy shinoly! Can you believe it??? SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM!!!! *woot woot*

No comments: