Monday, September 22, 2008

the talk and ? of the day

Soooo, Madeline (who is 7 1/2) was reading her Bible in the car on Sunday. She was reading a little article about the 10 Commandments. It said, "Sex is a gift from God." Then she asked, "What is sex?" Oy vey! Chad and I were not ready for that conversation. So we sat down and told her everything. Well, we tried not to tell her everything but she kept asking question after question after question. We had the attitude to answer every question so she isn't confused at all and then feels like she has to ask someone else for clarification. Can you imagine if she had raised her hand at school and asked, "How does the sperm get out of the penis?" And yes, that was one of her questions. Which we didn't exactly answer. I looked at Chad. He looked at me and then she said, "Does it just squeeze out?" Chad and I nodded. I was not prepared at all to have this conversation. I had just talked to a friend of mine who had just had the talk with her 10 yr old. I thought for sure that I had a few years to get my head together. Nope. Once again, Madeline has beat me to the punch. That girl is going to be the death of me.

Now, for the question of the day....



Do you remember when you had "the talk"? What were the circumstances (age, who gave it, your reaction)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As for your situation with Madeline, wow. That would most certainly have taken me by surprise. I think you and Chadley handled it very well. :-)

As for the question of the day...I have no recollection of the talk. In fact, I think the act happened and THEN the talk took place. Probably explains a lot. haha