Wednesday, March 4, 2009

it's a world of laughter...


I added a Disney vacation countdown to the bottom of my blog. You have to scroll all the way down to see it. I didn't want it all "in your face" but I did want to be able to watch the days tick away. Ticking away to our kids' dream vacation. To (supposedly) the happiest place on earth.


We have 3 months and 3 days until we start the drive down to Florida. We will be stopping near St. Louis to hopefully stay the night with my oldest friend and her family. We won't be there long but it will be good to see her. (Bethany, is it okay if we stay with you? LOL) Then we are hoping to stay in or near Atlanta, GA the second night down. If you Georgia people know where NOT to stay or what neighborhoods to stear clear from it would be appreciated if you left a comment. Then on to total immersion into Disney mania.


Oy vey! I hope Chad and I can handle the Disney culture. Don't get me wrong.. I love that little mouse. Well, maybe not Love but I do enjoy him. We have a large Disney movie archive but we don't devote an entire room to the big eared entertainment mogul. Will I be able to handle everything Mickey?

Yes, they manipulate pumpkins into mickey ears. Crazy.

My guess is that as soon as I see the excitement in my kids' eyes I will become some Mickey crazed lunatic!! Chad will tell you that I am a marketing sucker. I totally buy the crazy cereals that is really just Lucky Charms in a Shrek, High School Musical, Winnie the Pooh etc. shape. Ugh. What will happen to me when I am completely surrounded by everything Mickey? Mickey potholders, Mickey ice cube trays, Mickey cookie cutters, Mickey pretzels, Mickey shoes, Mickey sheets, Mickey keychains, Mickey rugs, Mickey pencils, Mickey wastebaskets, Mickey computer mice, Mickey chairs, Mickey picture frames, Mickey dog toys, Mickey wall art etc. etc. etc. Doesn't it feel overwhelming?

Speaking of overwhelming, planning a Disney vacation is total chaos. Maybe I am being too uptight about it or maybe it is because I want this to be the BEST VACATION EVER!!! The choices you have to make. The reservations for dinner that are highly recommended. Do we do the dining plan? Which resort do we stay at? When do we go? Do we drive or fly? Park hopper or not? What is the most cost efficient? What is worth the splurge? Which park on what day? Seriously, you need a year to plan and even then I am second guessing almost every decision.

All that I do know for certain is that I am feeling so blessed that we are able to take our kids on their dream vacation. Only 3 months and 3 days until we embark on a vacation that is sure to hold fantastic memories for our family. I can hardly wait!!

6 comments:

stacie stanley said...

I am SO excited for you!!!!

stacie stanley said...

WOW it worked- I left a comment!! Whoo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

We went October 2007 it was awesome. We had a $250 a day budget. We had so much left at the end of our visit, we went gift shop crazy with the extra $. It was off peak time so we didn't have to wait for anything. We want to go back in Sept. of 2010 for the Day of Joy so we can see all our favorite Christian artists in concert.
Liz Finn

Cin said...

You are going to totally be in your element. And I bet you're going to cry. *grin*

Mikayla started chemo yesterday. They have her care page up and running, so I'll send you a link.

Mara is already knitting her a hat. It's pink and crazyfuzzy. She won't go to sleep until it's done.

I went to the doctor today. Everything's infected. No wonder I was not getting better...

Becka said...

I was a sucker for the Mickey ice cube trays. Had to have them! Never used them.

Stefunkc said...

We were guests of Disney fanatics this summer and quite enjoyed ourselves. The family we went with were so 'all things Disney' that I was worried it would overwhelm me. But I found out that I got caught up in the fun and magic and wasn't bothered by the obsessiveness of the place! You'll have a blast!!