Monday, April 20, 2009

healing of the inner kind

Wow. I went to a women's conference this past weekend in Minneapolis and aye-chihuahua. God showed up and He healed me...on the inside. I wish I was the world'd fastest typer so I could share very detail but I type like a chicken pecker (oh my...a chicken pecker..that doesn't sound very good..let's rephrase.) I chicken peck. (oy vey) So here are the highlights...

* I forgave my mother-in-law for 8 1/2 years of heartache and stress. I learned that forgiving her doesn't mean that I need to be her best friend and it isn't a mushy feeling...forgiving her is being obedient to God.

*God told me that being a mom is enough. My children are my mission. What could possibly be more important than that? God entrusted Chad and I with two amazing children and who am I to divide my attention from them? I am to use my God given gifts to teach my children. And that is enough.

* I learned that I don't have to earn my gifts. That I am a daughter of the King and I have an inheritance that I don't have to perform to get. I have a place in the Kingdom and it is free. In that place there is freedom.

*I was healed of any feelings of shame from being pregnant with Madeline before I was married. I was healed of all those feelings of rejection from people that were less than gracious when they found out I was pregnant before marriage and I have forgiven them.

To say it was a freeing weekend would be an understatement. I have a place and purpose in His Kingdom and I couldn't be more excited!!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

woot! i love it all! you are so beautiful girl...even if you are a chicken pecker...:)

stacie stanley said...

Thank you so much for sharing your heart. Love you and love how you are growing!! I can learn so much from you.

i'm B. said...

amazing--all of it. crazy how only God can bring you to the point where you even realize you NEED to heal!
and just for the record: i had completely fogotten about sweet madeline's date of conception. i don't know if it helps at all, but just wanted you to know that it's not even on my radar when i see you. i just see YOU! (and i'm sure that's true for most people you know.)

Cin said...

I read this as soon as you told me you had blogged about it, but sometimes our computer has trouble leaving comments. Anyway, PRAISE THE LORD! He is so good and loves you so much. Wish I could have been there!