Friday, November 6, 2009

temporarily derailed...

Ugh. Don't you just love how your life can be going so well. All is right with the world. You are happy. Excited about the coming season in your life. You have overcome so many emotional obstacles to living your best life and then one simple message can derail you. The lies of the enemy come bombarding you!
You aren't good enough.
I told you they would never like you.
How dare you think you could be a part of their lives.
You are worthless.

THANK GOD, I have the tools to speak the truth!

I AM GOOD ENOUGH!
THEY DO LIKE ME!
I AM A PART OF THEIR LIFE!
I AM WORTHY, PRECIOUS, and FREAKING AWESOME!!

Seriously, do I sound like Stuart Smalley? I sure hope not! Part of my journey this last year in learning who I am and learning who God created me to be is learning to recognize the lies of the devil and to rebuke them. Not letting them land and settle in the garden of my heart. But to replace them with the Truth! But today also showed me that I can't do it on my own. I need Him to speak His truth to me. To remind me that I am a precious child of the Most High God!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Manda, this is by FAR the hardest thing for me. I have thought about this a lot especially in this season of what seems to be known as little friendships. God is good though and He has blessed us. Praying for you now.

Meredith said...

manda,
i think this is the hardest & deepest roots in me. i knew i was turning a corner when i could recognize it & renew my mind of the TRUTH. you are such a firecracker in the midst of the attack!!

watch out satan, she's got your number!

Cassandra Frear said...

Way to go. I have to do that, too.