Saturday, October 2, 2010

snippets

*We signed Eli up for TaeKwonDo. Good gravy, this could be crazy. He will go Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

*Madeline just started the second session of her Pre-Competitive swim class. She still loves it and has come SO far in just a short period of time. Remember how she couldn't swim 25 meters the first day without flirting with death? 10 lessons later, the last day of the first session, she swam 650 meters doing various strokes. It was amazing. She still really loves it even when they push her to the brink of exhaustion. YAY!

*We ordered our bedroom furniture. It will be delivered on December 3rd. Can't wait! We have 2 months to get the walls figured out. I want to take the chair rail down and sand and paint. Plus I have a good friend of mine who is going to help me with the design of the room for a project she is working on. Should be fun!!

*I would love to say that we are really rockin' at school this year but we are not. I have been feeling so inadequate this year. And really second guessing some things. And not doing well at all. We plod through their lessons and we are getting the necessities done but there is little enthusiasm. I would love for you to pray for me, that I can catch the homeschooling bug and that I can be the best teacher the kids deserve. I won't bore you with the emotional details, but I would so appreciate your prayers.

*Our extra curricular calendar is filling up. Madeline has piano on Monday afternoons. Swimming on Tues, Thurs, and Saturday. Book club once a month. Eli will start TKD on Tues and Thurs next week. And we are part of a homeschool co-op that meets 3 Fridays a month. This is the busiest we have ever been!

*The kids have started writing their Christmas lists. Do you think it is too soon to be thinking about Christmas? I don't! Only 83 days to go!!!

1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

*First...I hope you'll tap into your friendship with the Pillow Queen for your new bedroom! Do you know who I mean?
*I'll pray for the passion and enthusiasm to fill your heart in homeschooling your sweet children! Let me know if there's anything I can specifically do to encourage or help you!