Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dusting off

I am dusting the ol' blog off...lucky you.

Tomorrow the kids go back to school.
Madeline to 6th grade which is still considered elementary at her school...which is fine by me. Jr. high was not my favorite so the less years she has to endure that torture the better. That is not saying that her class is without drama.  Believe me. There are a couple kids in her class that I want to punch in the face every time I see them. So grown up and mature of me. ha! They make my Mama Bear claws come out in the worst way. We met her homeroom teacher today and she has 2 other teachers and they rotate all the kids throughout the day. She will have each teacher for 2 classes. Her teacher was super nice and seemed pretty personable...way better than last years. She was a dud in the personality department. I am sure Madeline is going to have a fantastic year as long as those 2 kids mind their own freaking business and leave my daughter alone.

Eli is going into 3rd grade after being homeschooled for the last 3 years. He was at this school for preschool and developmental Kindegarten so he is familiar with the building. In fact he is in the same room as he was for DK. He was anxious to get to school today to meet his teacher and to see some of the kids he went to DK with. After meeting his teacher, I can tell you with all confidence in the world that he is going to have a fantastic year. His teacher is funny and sweet and super cute. I see a teacher crush in his future. I hope he can remember her complicated name. He has already called her by 3 different variations while talking about her. Ha!

While talking to another mom she mentioned that they are looking for a lunch server on Tues and Thurs. It would be from 10-2. Eli said he would love it if I were a lunch lady. Madeline said No way! I don't know what to think about that. It would get me into the school and get to know other moms and all the teachers plus I would get to spy on Madeline. Ha!


1 comment:

haverlee said...

Welcome back :)
I just read Dobson's Bringing Up Boys. He highly recommended homeschooling boys until they're 8, 9 or 10! So according to him, you made the perfect choice for your son. Cool, huh?
I would totally serve lunch unless it would seriously be a severe embarrassment to Madeline. Like you said, those Jr High years are torture. So if its making it even worse for her, maybe not so great. But if she secretly would love it, then go for it! Hopefully you'll be able to discern her true feelings.
What do I know...I pretend I have a clue but I really don't!