Sunday, July 19, 2009

hearing what I needed

I cannot tell you enough that God is so good and He shows up in the most unexpected ways.



Chad and I hadn't been to Heartland in 4 weeks for various reasons. The longer we were away the more I began to analyze our involvement. To be honest, I began to knit pick. We have been going there for almost a year and we haven't developed many relationships with the people there. For me, that is a HUGE part of being in a church...the community. Please don't get me wrong, Heartland is an AMAZING church. I learn something new and exciting every Sunday. The worship rocks your socks and the messages are always spurring me on to grow closer and closer to Papa. We love it there for those reasons!!

So, there I am on Sunday feeling like we don't matter. Nobody cares that we were gone for 4 weeks. Having a mini pity party in the pew before church. So junior high, yes? Ugh. I am such a dork. I am sitting there and Katherine (total rock star who I admire so much for her zeal for the Lord and she has always been so nice to us) comes up to me...gives me a huge hug and looks me straight in the eyes and says, "It is so good to see you and your family. You are an important part of God's family and you are important to this family." She said a couple other things too but I was so awestruck by what she said. As if she had read my mind and was speaking truth into my heart that was so full of lies. We hugged again and I sat and thanked Him for sending His messenger to me at that moment. It was exactly what I needed to hear.



3 comments:

Meredith said...

i've been praying for you since we last spoke. God is sooo good!

stacie stanley said...

That is awesome Manda!!

Anonymous said...

That story gives me goosebumps. Amazing, indeed!