Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Room makeover

We are changing our office/homeschool room into Eli's bedroom. The kids have been sharing the upstairs half story for a few years and it is time they get their own space.

I had Eli pick his new bedding, trying to strongly suggest duvet covers I loved (wanted to go with a navy/burnt orange color scheme) but he went his own way and was very adamant about his choice.  Here it is...



I found a couple things at urban outfitters to do a fun collage type thing on his wall.  This shark head and this letter E. 

I am also looking for a shadow box/printer drawer type display case for Eli's Lego minifigure collection as part of the wall grouping. I might try to modify something with Legos to make it exactly like I want. 

He will also have this shelving unit in his room. 

And I am thinking this bed. 


We need to figure out a paint color and window coverings. And I would love to replace the old grandma-esque ceiling fan with something more appropriate. 

I will post before/after pics when it gets more underway. As of right now, it is still an office. I have a LOT to do!!! 



1 comment:

Emily said...

Love it! The expedit is about the best thing Ikea has ever done. We have a smaller one and I would love the big one. I love orange and blue together too! Can't wait to see it all put together!