Monday, May 13, 2013

The House Part 1: Exterior

Now that we know where we are going to live (YAY!!!)...let's talk about what we are going to do to this not cute, outdated house. Let's start with the outside...it is a great place to start but these things will not be done first. The inside is our top priority. 

Here she is!!
 Built in 1963. We are the 3rd owners. The original owner/builder sold it just 4 years ago to a young couple that didn't do much to update it. We have a lot of work to do. 

Eventually we want her to look like this...
(pardon the quality...I used Sherwin Williams Paint Color Visualizer )



With something like this added to the entry and a pergola topped front porch to the right of the front door...plus I love this garage door. 

I included the pic below to see the pergola front porch better. 



Plus we will update the landscaping and the front steps and the retaining wall and replacing windows...the list goes on and on. 

So? What do you think?!?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love your exterior plans! It's been so fun to read your posts and see God's hand in all of this. You definitely made the right decision! Can't wait to see all your before and after pics. I LOVE fixer-uppers!

Cin said...

Love, love, love it! Great writing, sister! <3

haverlee said...

I agree with Emily- though building is awesome, fixer uppers are so much more special! Love the future plans. But can we talk about those trees in the back?? Ugh...I want trees.